CREATE: More than STEM
Good Shepherd's CREATE program
Coding, Robotics, Electronics, Art, Technology, Engineering
We aspire for our students to:
- Understand that power, data and memory are the core pieces that make up computing devices.
- Program computing devices to collect, display, process and visualize data to solve problems and complete purposeful tasks.
- Digital painting, design in 3D, edit videos and audios and design and control robots
- Distinguishing between the hardware and software that make up devices
- Extend the capabilities of computers by adding sensors and wireless connections to send, receive, process and store data
- Understand that data over the internet needs to be broken into individual pieces and travel along a physical or wireless path - through a global network of computers - to be reassembled on arrival
- Protect information with security measures
- Develop programs and iteratively improve them through disciplined troubleshooting.
Adapted from k12cs.org.