CREATE: More than STEM
Good Shepherd's CREATE program
Coding, Robotics, Electronics, Art, Technology, Engineering
We aspire for our students to:
- understand that power, data and memory are the core pieces that make up computing devices.
- program computing devices to collect, display, process and visualize data to solve problems and complete purposeful tasks.
- digitally painting, design in 3D, edit videos and audios and design and control robots
- distinguishing between the hardware and software that make up devices
- extend the capabilities of computers by adding sensors and wireless connections to send, receive, process and store data
- understand that data over the internet needs to be broken into individual pieces and travel along a physical or wireless path - through a global network of computers - to be reassembled on arrival
- information needs to be protected with security measures
- develop programs and iteratively improve them through disciplined troubleshooting.
Adapted from k12cs.org.